Old versionsSee all
Evergreen, the highly-scalable software for libraries that helps library patrons find library materials, and helps libraries manage, catalog, and circulate those materials, no matter how large or complex the libraries.
Evergreen, which first launched in September, 2006 in Georgia's PINES consortium, now powers over 544 libraries of every type -- public, academic, special, school, and even tribal and home libraries -- in over a dozen countries worldwide. Evergreen has an active community that participates in its coding, documentation, and direction of the project.
As a community, our development requirements are that Evergreen must be:
- Stable, even under extreme load.
- Robust, and capable of handling a high volume of transactions and simultaneous users.
- Flexible, to accomodate the varied needs of libraries.
- Secure, to protect our patrons' privacy and data.
- User-friendly, to facilitate patron and staff use of the system.
Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL.